Monday 27 July 2015

It's the small things

On the one hand, you'll find that live-in carers are strong, independent women.

We are survivors.

We do what it takes to make our lives work for us.







On the other hand, hell it would be good to have a bit of spoiling. Some self-indulgence.

5 things I do to perk up my day:

  1. Read for half an hour on a bench under a tree
  2. Have a real conversation with a good friend, a son, or my Mum
  3. Go for a walk (or some retail therapy if it is raining)
  4. Put on make up if the boiler/alarm/ANY service is due (don't judge me, any visitor to the house is worth the effort!)
  5. Take lots of deep breaths and remind myself that I am doing this for a reason, and nothing is forever.
What do YOU do to make your day just that little bit better?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank God at the end of every day that a have a job.......even when it's been a difficult one! And when it has been difficult, I remember how my job has empowered me.

Fleur said...

point no. 4 hahahaha - indeed. Doing this "job" has made me look inward and change some of my selfish views in life. It has encouraged me to pursue talents I had put on hold and possibly giving me time to learn another language.