Sunday 16 August 2015

Cool apps for a live-in carer

I am one of those people who needs to be able to see how I am doing. Track my progress. Sometimes I need a visual reminder of why I am doing this, where it is taking me, and what I am achieving.

I have found three apps for my phone that help me with this.

Countdown+

I enter the date of my next break, and every day, boldly displayed on my phone screen, I see the number of days left. Very therapeutic. 
It allows lots of dates, so I had one for when my son was due to visit, and I even have the date that I landed here so I can see at a glance how any days I've been in the UK (380 today!)





Piggy Bank. 

Every day, I enter the amount I have earned that day. And the bar moves slowly to the right hand side of the screen and I can feel good that I am building up, step by step, day by day.
Especially good for when I start to ask myself the "why" question!








MyTracks

I love this one. When I go for a long walk, I track myself. It not only shows me the route I've walked (so that I can find my way back again!) it also shows me the distance, elevation and calories burned. Good accountability partner, that one.

I am sure that there are many more lifesaving apps out there. Maybe we can do a post showing the favourite travel and accommodation apps that most of us use. What else is there that I an add to my own "feelgood" collection?




2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is actually fantastic !
Thank you for sharing. Xxx

Ingrid said...

Tx Margi..downloaded the Countdown. .as I can't wait for my break to start..