Monday 15 February 2016

A walk across Spain - Camino




My first Spanish sunset, seen from the train from Madrid to Pamplona. 
Bag too heavy? Take the donkey!

Friendly faces along the way

Just one of the many MANY beautiful buildings we saw.

A new friend, ready to go.

Have a good journey 340km

100 x more beautiful without the camera

bedraggled

long long road - with hot soup up ahead!



staple diet

peekaboo

I see you

one of my favourite stops


just another man and his dog

far from home!

follow the yellow arrows

too pretty

Knights Templar Castle

Always a new friend around the next corner

a beautiful sunset under a bridge

another good pitstop

they look prettier than they taste!

200km to go!

don't worry about finding a bed for the night, this is a common sight

very very tempting!

I think this is where my shoe landed up. I am sure it is very happy.

Nothing like the sound of cowbells

it was true love

misty and cold but we persevere


more love...

A wonderful place to spend a night

Ahh..... shoes off, sunshine, and another new friend


If you see this gate, don't walk on by. Go in.
My very own Irish songwriter singing/walking buddy Sam! 

cyclists in the mist

be the change

MADE IT!!!


2 comments:

Bev Tromp said...

Thank you for sharing Margie! I loved seeing your pics & your memories! I really want to do the Camino too, I'm so curious to know exactly what you carried in your backpack & how much it weighed? Congratulations on doing it! ��

M said...

Thank you Bev!
I need to do a post about the logistics and my experiences and I will definitely include a packing list. It did weigh slightly more than the suggested 10% of my body weight but I figured that seeing as I'd lost a few kilos in the preceding months it didn't matter :)
Look forward to reading your Camino story soon.