Saturday 25 July 2015

GUEST POST: Lorraine

Dear Margi,

I went on the Care to Travel Facebook page and noticed your blog. Started to read it and felt most depressed.

I hear your sentiments, understand your frustrations...... Because your voice is my voice.

Selling your house - that was letting go of the one thing you had that belonged to you, a foundation, a root, like a plant; once you pull it out it dies and that is how I feel, dead.

I sympathise, I understand the loneliness. I respect the vulnerable side of the elderly, but does that mean I must die inside to give further life.

The more I think on this the more I realise it's not the job, it's living their life, it's giving of yourself and losing who you are. Where we give hope and enlightenment, we lose who we were once upon a time.

My self identity seems to have got lost in transit

It's finding that happy medium

It's making sure that our lives do not sail away, where one day we awake to find we need a Carer, so in actual fact our life just carries on from where it left off... With a client

In life we have got to learn we were all put on this earth for a reason. We all have a certain time given to us. They have had their time, do we have to throw away ours?

That is how I am starting to look at what I am doing , and right at this moment, I do not believe this was the life carved out for me!

We all need a foundation, we all need roots, we all need to embrace life, and not death that will come one day and maybe sooner than we expect.

Care life can be rewarding but we must not become a prisoner of our own emotions.


Thank you to Lorraine for this response to my "Independent and free, or homeless" post. It does help to know that we all have our ups and downs and doubts about our current way of life.

No comments: