Wednesday 29 July 2015

Barcelona

Earlier this year, I visited Barcelona for a few days. It turns out that I am not a fan of tourist spots. Who knew.

My top 5 things:

  1. The beaches. Reminding me of Cape Town. Just don't buy a cocktail from the guy with the cooler box - the Americans next to us fell for that one!
  2. Wandering along the back roads of La Rambla. So much to see and hear.
  3. Tapas and Sangria at out of the way, vibey spots.
  4. The very generous servings, whether it is a goldfish bowl of beer, or a tumbler full of whisky...
  5. Street music. Around every corner. A constant party.
Goldfish bowl of beer

Walking on the beach at night

Health juice. Nah, who am I kidding? Best sangrias!

... and some tapas to help them down.

As close to a tourist spot as I got. The rows of buses sent me packing.

Weird architecture of a different sort. Fairground attraction.

This was a good sangria spot on the beach

Reminding me of Cape Town...

Spectacular

... and imaginative

Who thinks these up?

Almost too pretty to eat

... but plenty to go around....

.... and such variety!

No comments: