Thursday 4 December 2014

Scenic walk in Thatcham

Nature Discovery Centre, Thatcham, West Berkshire

In spite of the icy weather (4 degrees when I left home, 3 degrees when I arrived at the centre) I had a lovely morning. I did the Open Water and Wetlands Trail, and then took a stroll around the lakes - totalling 5km.
Lunch at the little restaurant to warm up, was chilli con carne - delicious! And not too expensive.
My first view of the lake, from the restaurant/bookshop

A gloomy day...

The welcoming committee



I love my endless pathways

Peaking through the trees


I wonder what this looks like in summer

And this. Must be rather beautiful. Will have to come back.


Under the train bridge



... reflecting...


I thought this looked interesting. The reflection of the tree lighting up the plant life under the water.

Looking across the water at the discovery centre

This little guy was sitting in the tree, and while I was getting the camera ready he dropped down onto the post to pose for me.









A little splash of colour

Autumn




Think I should have brought some bread?

They do know they are pretty boys. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good photos for a camera phone, I like the tree outline in the water weed. The ducks don't need bread - it isn't actually good for them. You might need a warmer coat or more layers for future walks in autumn/winter.